For family law cases in the Barrie area, most people prefer to resolve their issues outside of a courtroom. However, there are some instances when two parties just can’t agree on an outcome, and family court representation is required.
When this happens, it’s important to trust your case to an experienced legal team that always has your best interests at heart. The legal experts at Korhani Law will represent you in court for a wide range of family legal matters to ensure you have the help you need.
Do You Need Representation in Court?
If your case ends up in court, it’s crucial to have in-court representation to protect your rights. We will help you work toward an amicable resolution to every issue, but when that’s not possible, we will assertively fight for your rights. Some of the situations that may require you to go to court include:
- Protecting your parental rights
- Paying or receiving the right amount of child support
- Ensuring you receive a fair division of family property
- Paying or receiving the right amount of spousal support
- Disposing of the marital home
- Dividing marital assets
- Post-divorce modifications
Some situations where you may want to initiate litigation as a solution may include:
- Having trust issues with the other party
- Wanting decisions that are legally binding and enforceable
- Sensing an imbalance of power and wanting a buffer
- Resolution of issues that have been disputed by the other party
- Wanting full financial disclosure from the other party
- Wanting a resolution to a contested divorce
- Needing additional protection for an abusive marriage
What to Look for in a Family Lawyer
When you are looking for a family lawyer to represent you in court, it’s important to hire one that is honest, experienced, reputable, knowledgeable and cost-effective. Some of the benefits of working with a local family lawyer include:
- Insight on a variety of legal approaches
- Knowledge and experience with the local courts and judges
- Handling all of the necessary paperwork
- Knowledge of legal proceedings
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to remain neutral in high-stress situations
The Korhani Law Difference
At Korhani Law, you can feel confident that we will represent your best interests in court so your rights are protected and you get a positive outcome. We know that situations like divorce, child custody, spousal support and dividing property can be emotionally draining, which is why we promise to treat you with compassion throughout the process.